Halloween Week Tricks & Treats: Day 1
TRICK: Pool Basics
Staring down an 8 or 9 ball can be scary for pros and amateur players alike. Amsterdam league manager Chris Lynch shares some simple tricks that should be the foundation of every shot, but are often overlooked especially under pressure.
- Avoid popping up: don’t move your head until you see where the object ball goes.
- Prepare your pocket: picture the result you want before you get into your stance.
- Shoot softly: This makes the pocket seem much bigger while shooting harder makes it much smaller. Don’t shoot hard without a really good reason!
- Chalk before each shot: Chalk prior to shooting, don’t wait until after you miscue.
TREAT: Candy Corn Shooters
Our bartenders are busy conjuring up some special spirits for our Halloween party this Saturday Oct. 27th from 9pm-1am. In the meantime, try your hand at these tasty and festive layered Candy Corn Shooters:
- Orange vodka
- Banana liqueur
- Coconut rum
- Orange curacao
- Whipped cream
1. Combine Orange vodka and banana liqueur into a shaker with ice. Shake and pour into the bottom of a shot glass.
2. Combine coconut rum, orange curacao, cream, and a dash of grenadine (for color). Shake with ice and gently layer on top pouring over the back of a spoon.
3. Top with whipped cream.